Wednesday, November 18, 2009

You're All Washed Up

Good News: I didn't gain any weight while in Vegas despite all of my alcohol and buffet intake
Bad News: I heard a loud ass POP while I was grappling. Loud Pop = hyper extending my knee

Why is it when I get sooooooooooo close to a fight, it either gets A) Cancelled   or   B) I get injured. Bad timing brah...really bad timing. I got 4 weeks and I need to run to cut down weight and build endurance.
December 12 in the city is that much awaited day....

Despite my knee feeling loose and my buckling every so amount of steps, I was able to throw my punches the way  I wanted to today. I let out a lot of build up; the release felt good and much needed. How did it end? I went for a combo of jab-jab-cross-body-body STOP! Twisting my hips resulted in my popping my knee YET AGAIN and making the pain worse. All I could hear was that STUPID STUPID STUPID VOICE in my head "you're all washed up." The logic in me said to leave training early and rest my knee. I left it all on the mat for the night and I'll come back Thursday with more to throw I AM SURE OF IT.

I hope tomorrow is a better day

No comments:

Post a Comment