Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 4

800 mg

So yesterday I went to go see my good friend Ulyss Bidkaram aka my chiropractor. He took a look at my knee and first thing he says is "oh shit." I start tearing up because I know all my worst fears have come true. After several tests and licorice sticks, he has concluded that A) torn ACL    or    B) torn meniscus.

Biofreeze to sooth the physical pain for a moment's worth, wrapping my knee for compression, crutches to help me stay off of it, and 800 mg of Motrin to help the pain and bring down the swelling. Can you say goodbye tournament. You were so close, but yet now you are so far.

Despite the trauma to my knee, I am very grateful that it's bad and not the worse condition it can be in. Maybe it's a sign that I need to slow down? Maybe it's a test to see how bad I want to fight? or Maybe the universe just hates my guts and is slamming a whole bunch of crap down my throat. I really don't know.

Today's Thursday and it's not so bad. I finally got a good 6 hours of sleep. I can't work at Chili's this weekend due to my physically challenged body. I am really really trying hard to look at the bright side, but how bright is it when it looks so dim? Slowly but surely I'm gonna get back in the game, but for right now I just have to take care of myself.

I'm scheduled for an MRI tomorrow at 4pm. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment