Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yesterday was a Good Day

Yesterday was a effen fantastic day.

I started off with my first physical therapy session. She was rather impressed with the rate I had been going since the initial injury. Ironically yesterday was exactly a month that I got injured, how fitting. So we did this ultrasound wave technique to help break down scar tissue. At first I was skeptical because you know, well what the heck can this thing do?! But surprisingly I was able to flatten my leg 5 degrees lower than previous and bend it more too. I've been doing some stretching and a few strength exercises with my coach on the side, but my therapist showed me some really good ones. Who knew flexing your knee cap could be so challenging, haha! I'm on the road to recovery and I get more excited each and every day. It's one day closer to getting better; that is one day closer to getting back to training.

Work was normal blah blah blah, then I went to go see Paola's school Christmas performance. She's only 13, but a really sweet girl. Her dad travels back and forth from El Savador and I've had a few good conversations with him. Randomly one day he tells me he wants me to look after her because she looks up to me and wants to be a strong fighter just like me. I'm like amazed. I feel a lot of pressure you know, so I always try to watch out for this girl. Even though it was just a small school Christmas performance, it's the little things that count, it's the little things that she'll remember, and it's the little things that'll make a big difference later in her life. I just hope that I'm still a part of it.

-- and I'm excited to find those simple things that made me smile so much --

No comments:

Post a Comment