Friday, March 26, 2010

Adjust and Respond

I have often found so many things that I learned with muay thai and jiu jitsu to apply to my everyday life. Ironically one of the things that I have focused on with training for my upcoming tournament is adjustment.

Adjust. Adjust. Adjust. Adjust.

You head into a situation with a game plan: jab, cross, uppercut, body kick. Then all of a sudden your opponent throws an unforseen punch, too far out of reach, or too close. So we've been working on a lot of adjustment, don't throw just to throw...keep an eye on your target, watch how they move, watch for an opening, adjust, and respond.

Training is hard. It's not just hard on the body, it's hard on the mind, it's hard on the heart. It forces you to dig deep inside when you are convinced you have nothing left to give...take that deep breath you never knew you had left in and give it all you got. You're already in it, so push through it, break the barrier, and discover a part of yourself that was there all along.

I believe in small significances.

No comments:

Post a Comment